Hosted by BDA Sports Nutrition Specialist Group
This is a recording of the November 2021 study day to watch at your own leisure.
The day was aimed to improve knowledge of performance related factors facing athletes in extreme environments, improve understanding of the impact of heat and prolonged exercise at high altitude on fuel use and apply knowledge to nutritional practice in athletes performing in extreme environments. Topics covered included altitude and heat, iron deficiency, fuelling, exercise-induced gastrointestinal syndrome and more.
The study day is aimed at qualified professionals or students with an interest in sports nutrition, particularly those who wish to increase their knowledge in the application of nutrition to peak performance in extreme environments.
- Trent Stellingwerff - Senior Advisor in Innovation and Research at Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- Peter Peeling - Associate Professor at University of Western Australia
- James Moran - Performance Nutritionist at Team INEOS Grenadiers/ Uno-X Pro Cycling/ Consultant to British Cycling
- Ricardo Da Costa - Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Exercise Physiology, Metabolism & Dietetics at Monash University
- Claire Berryman - Assistant Professor in Nutrition, Food, and Exercise Sciences, Florida State University
- Lucy Wainwright - Senior Performance Nutritionist at the English Institute of Sport working with British Triathlon
- John O’Hara/ Alex Griffiths - Professor in Sport and Exercise Physiology at Leeds Beckett University/ Senior Lecturer in Nutrition
The fee is to purchase the recording of the study day.
- Sport Nutrition Group/SENR Member £10.00
- BDA Member £20.00
- Non BDA Member £40.00
- Student £5.00
Only card payments are accepted.